This girl loves to dress up. A couple of times when I went to pick her up from preschool, she was wearing the other girls' dresses and wanted a picture before she took it off to go home.
Boy, I thought Leah was bad about climbing. But Corbin has proved to be much worse. He's my little monkey boy.
We were playing outside with chalk one day and Leah wanted me to draw a picture of her and one of her friends. Then she wanted to add another friend, and another. Soon we had several of her friends from the neighborhood and a few extended family members too, including her Grandpa Tucker. She was so sad when the sprinklers washed them away.Corbin loves to flip through the pages of books. One night he looked through this little book of Leah's over and over and over until he was ready to fall asleep. He wouldn't let me take it from him at all until he was completely out.
For our monthly weeknight Relief Society meeting we decorated cookies. So before we left I got Leah from the nursery and let her decorate a cookie. By the time she was done, I think there was more frosting than cookie. But she had lots of fun doing it.
One afternoon I was playing ball with Corbin. He went to chase after the ball, but then he stopped and threw himself on the floor and started crying. I figured he was just throwing a fit and didn't think much of it until he wouldn't walk around anymore and cried whenever he put pressure on his left foot. We weren't really sure what to do about it, but after a while we called his doctor's office and they suggested bringing him in to get it checked out.
They took several x-rays but because his leg is so little and the bones are still so soft, they couldn't really see anything. So they had to treat it like it was broken just in case. Kids at this age heal so fast that the doctor said that even if it was broken that it would heal in 10-14 days. So they put him in a soft cast and sent us home. He told me that if we took the cast off for a bath and he takes off running then we would know he is better.
Corbin was a trooper while we were at the doctor's office. We had a long wait while they tried to figure out the paperwork and coding for the x-rays. He wanted to get down and walk around a few times, but would always fuss when he tried to stand up. He didn't like the x-ray machine and cried pretty hard when we held him still for the x-rays. But I think he cried the hardest when I took his sucker away for the car ride home (I didn't want him to bite the top off and choke on it while I was driving). Here he is enjoying the last of the sucker the nurse gave him after we got home.
Wearing a cast was pretty frustrating for a little boy who is used to being on the go. He had a hard time getting around. So when he squirmed out of his cast yet again the next day I decided to just let him crawl around while I was making dinner. But before long he was up and playing ball and chasing Leah around the house. So I took that to mean that his leg felt better. I still don't know exactly what happened. I'm guessing that he must have twisted his ankle while we were playing and sprained it real good. In any case, he was back to normal in about 24 hours.
Here's just a cute picture of Leah.
My two kids cuddling up to watch some Mickey Mouse cartoons together.
Leah has been going to the Tumbling Tots class lately and Corbin has been very frustrated that he couldn't get out there and play with the balls too. Then I remembered that we got this little Nerf basketball hoop right after we got married, but had never used it. So I got it out one night so see if Corbin would like playing with it. He was a natural. I didn't even have to show him what to do. He just walked right up and started putting the ball in the hoop over and over again. This kid is a little baller. He loves playing ball!
Look how cute this little guy is! He melts my heart!I taught my last preschool lesson at the end of April. Our themes for the day were triangles and farms. So here's Leah wearing her triangle shaped hat and showing off her "pig in the mud" that she finger-painted with chocolate pudding. Leah loved painting with pudding. Her pig was by far the muddiest of all the kids' pigs.









No comments:
Post a Comment