Monday, February 3, 2014

My Birthday

As it turns out, my birthday was the same day that Corbin turned 9-months-old. However, his 9 month post is much bigger than my birthday post will be. As I've become a stay-at-home mom of young children, I have learned that my birthday is not that big of a deal. I love to make a big deal of my children's birthdays and I also make sure they know when it's Ross's birthday. But since my kids didn't know that it was my birthday, the day went by very uneventfully. (I guess I'm just not one to toot my own horn.)

The evening of my birthday was much better. We took the kids over to the Millers to get babysat and then Ross and I went out for a delicious dinner at The Olive Garden. Afterward, we stopped at a little bakery shop and got some yummy hot chocolate with caramel. This was at the beginning of the deep freeze that set in through most of December. So we enjoyed sipping our hot chocolate while sitting by the warm fireplace. It was nice to just sit and relax and enjoy time with just the two of us. This doesn't happen very often these days. 
The next day I knew Ross would be home late, so I decided to take the kids out to celebrate my birthday. We went to the dollar theater and watched "Despicable Me 2" (which Leah absolutely loved). Then we went to Coldstone for some yummy ice cream.

So there it is, a celebration of another year come and gone for me. It wasn't very exciting, but I did get to spend it with people that I love very much! So I'll take it.

Oh, and I can't forget...Ross gave me a birthday present that I love! He got me a new camera. So hopefully the pictures in my future posts will look a lot better!!!

No comments: